Volkswagen India launches its much-anticipated SUVW Taigun at an introductory price of INR 10.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India)
- The Volkswagen Taigun is available for customers at an Introductory price starting from INR 10.49 lakh for the Dynamic Line (1.0L TSI) and INR 14.99 lakh for the Performance Line (1.5L TSI EVO). All prices are ex-showroom, India
- Volkswagen India has recreated its variant offering and introduced a new line structure - the feature rich Dynamic Line powered by the 1.0L TSI and the sporty Performance Line powered by 1.5L TSI EVO that suits the wide array of requirements of the Indian customers
- The Volkswagen Taigun is powered by the brand’s globally acclaimed TSI technology and will be available in a 1.5L TSI EVO engine and 1.0L TSI engine. The 1.5L TSI EVO engine is equipped with Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) and idle start/stop technology
- Transmission offerings: The 1.5L TSI EVO engine will be mated to a 6-speed manual and 7-speed DSG transmission, whereas the 1.0L TSI engine will be combined with the 6-speed manual and automatic transmission
- Dressed to make head turns, the New Volkswagen Taigun imbibes the global lineage and language of a Volkswagen. It boasts a charismatic design language - the exterior exudes strength and the robust stance of an SUV, while the interiors offer a premium appeal, sense of spaciousness and a host of features for the comfort and convenience of the occupants
- Connectivity solutions for the digitally enabled and tech savvy customer - the new Taigun comprises of a 20.32 cm digital cockpit (largest in segment) and a 25.65 cm VW Play touchscreen infotainment, with wireless App Connect - Apple CarplayTM and Android AutoTM, wireless mobile charging and MyVolkswagen Connect application
- MyVolkswagen Connect, one-stop application that enables customers to monitor their usage, assess their driving behavior, track and apprise on other information related to the car and their safety in real-time
- Safety is synonymous with a Volkswagen, the Taigun comes equipped with 40+ advanced safety features, which includes all occupant protection systems with up to 6 airbags, ESC, Multi-collision brakes, 3-head restraints at the rear, Tyre pressure deflation warning and rear-view camera amongst others
- Peace of mind offering with 4EVER Care, 4-year standard warranty extendable up to 7 years, 4-years road-side assistance (RSA) extendable up to 10 years and 3-free services across the product range
- Available in five vibrant colors - Curcuma Yellow, Wild Cherry Red, Candy White, Reflex Silver and Carbon Steel Grey
- Deliveries of the Volkswagen Taigun begin with the market introduction of the carline in India
New Delhi, India – The Bold, Dynamic and German engineered Volkswagen Taigun has been launched for the Indian market. With an introductory price of INR 10.49 lakh for the Dynamic Line (1.0L TSI engine) and INR 14.99 lakh for the 1.5L TSI EVO engine equipped Performance Line (All prices are ex-showroom, India).
The New Volkswagen Taigun is the first product offering by the brand in the mid-size SUV segment, developed on the globally acclaimed MQB A0 IN platform under the India 2.0 project with a localization level of up to 95 percent. The Taigun has the largest wheelbase in the segment of 2,651 mm that makes the interiors extremely roomy and spacious.
The Taigun is a perfect combination of dynamism, power and space that are well complimented by the core DNA of Volkswagen - Build quality, safety and fun-to-drive. Dressed to make heads turn every time it swerves by in style, the New Volkswagen Taigun imbibes the global lineage and language of a Volkswagen. It boasts a charismatic design language, robustness of an SUV and premium feature rich interiors that add to the comfort and convenience of the occupants.
Speaking at the launch of the new Volkswagen Taigun, Mr. Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, “Today is a significant moment for all of us at Volkswagen, as we launch the new Volkswagen Taigun. The bold, dynamic, German-engineered SUVW, Taigun will be a game changer in India’s mid-size SUV segment. The carline embodies the core DNA of brand Volkswagen and staying true to that, Taigun offers superior build quality, safety and exceptional driving dynamics. We are confident that the carline will be a huge success.”
Powered by the globally acclaimed TSI technology, the Volkswagen Taigun is available in two engine options - 1.0L TSI engine with a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic transmission option that delivers peak power of 115PS (85 kW) ranging from 5000 to 5500 rpm and peak torque of 178 Nm@1750-4500 rpm. Whereas the 1.5L TSI EVO engine is equipped with a 6-speed manual and a 7-speed DSG transmission option, delivering peak power of 150PS (110 kW) from 5000 to 6000 rpm range and peak torque of 250Nm@1600-3500 rpm. The 1.5L TSI EVO engine also comes equipped with Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) and idle start/stop technology.
The fuel efficiency offered on the Volkswagen Taigun are (ARAI certified):
- Dynamic Line (1.0L TSI) | 6-speed Manual - 18.10 km/L
- Dynamic Line (1.0L TSI) | 6-speed Automatic - 16.44 km/L
- Performance Line (1.5L TSI) | 6-speed Manual - 18.47 km/L
- Performance Line (1.5L TSI) | 7-speed DSG - 17.88 km/L
A prominent front grille with a generous chrome applique, LED headlights and DRLs that greet the Taigun customer even before the drive starts - they are intelligently controlled and can illuminate the road as brightly as possible without dazzling the other road users. Providing a higher stance and on-road presence, the R17 Manila alloy wheels contribute to the striking appearance of the Taigun.
The Taigun has the most distinctive rear within its segment. The width spanning Cshaped Infinity LED tail lamps mark a strong rear-end design and further add a superior and sporty character to the overall aesthetics of the Taigun.
On entering the new Volkswagen Taigun, customers will experience the modern dashboard layout comprised with décor inserts, smart storage spaces for the young and active consumer, ambient lighting, ventilated leather front seats, electric sunroof and wireless charging putting the driver and occupant at ease. Adding an element of modernity to the Taigun interiors is the 20.32cm digital cockpit and smart touch Climatronic auto AC with pollen control. The 25.65 cm VW Play touchscreen Infotainment system comes embedded with Apple CarplayTM and Android AutoTM, enabling customers to be connected and entertained.
The Taigun also comes equipped with the locally developed MyVolkswagen Connect App that is a one stop application for customer convenience. The application enables our customers to monitor their usage, asses their driving behavior and live track information related to the car and their safety, all in real-time.
At Volkswagen, safety is a top priority and is synonymous with the brand. The Taigun comes with a full range of 40+ safety features such as Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), up to 6 airbags, multi-collision brakes, 3 headrests at the rear, reverse camera, 3-point seat belts, ISOFIX and an adjustable headrest for all and tyre pressure deflation warning system.
The Taigun will be available in five vibrant body colours such as the Curcuma Yellow, Wild Cherry Red, Candy White, Reflex Silver and Carbon Steel Grey.
Volkswagen has redefined its variant structure and introduced two parallel lines loaded with features: The Dynamic Line is available on the 1.0L engine and the Performance Line is powered by the 1.5L EVO TSI engine. The introductory prices of the variants are (ex-showroom, India):
- Dynamic Line (1.0L TSI) | Manual (6-speed) | Comfortline - ₹10,49,900
- Dynamic Line (1.0L TSI) | Manual (6-speed) | Highline - ₹12,79,900
- Dynamic Line (1.0L TSI) | Automatic (6-speed) | Highline - ₹14,09,900
- Dynamic Line (1.0L TSI) | Manual (6-speed) | Topline - ₹14,56,900
- Dynamic Line (1.0L TSI) | Automatic (6-speed) | Topline - ₹15,90,900
- Performance Line (1.5L TSI EVO) | Manual (6-speed) | GT - ₹14,99,900
- Performance Line (1.5L TSI EVO) | DSG (7-speed) | GT Plus - ₹17,49,900
Making the ownership experience more seamless, the new Volkswagen Taigun comes equipped with the 4EVER Care package that offers standard 4-years/ 100,000 kms warranty extendable up to 7 years, 4-years road-side assistance extendable up to 10 years and 3-free services. For their peace of mind, customers can also purchase the service value packages starting at an attractive cost of INR 21,999.