Volkswagen Power Lease FAQs
Volkswagen Power Lease is an entirely new way of getting a brand-new car, without having to buy one. It is more flexible than traditional buying methods.
This product is powered by Orix, wherein Orix will procure the car basis the customer’s preferences and will be given to the customer for an agreed time frame. Post completion of tenure, the customer will have options to upgrade, extend, return or buy back.
The product offering is currently available at 6 locations:
- Delhi – NCR
You can choose from the available options of 24,36 & 48 months. Your monthly lease rent will vary based on your usage period (the longer it is, the lesser the lease rent will be).
Tenure modification is possible, where in the customer needs to request Orix for a restructure.
Lease can be foreclosed in between with the following options:
- Customer can Surrender: by paying the book value differential.
- Buy back: by paying the book value amount.
Lease foreclosure charges & govt taxes will be payable in this case, additionally.
You can always extend your tenure in which case. You just need to inform us, and we will share the new rental you would have to pay, starting the following month.
Yes, you can always buy the vehicle by paying the outstanding book value and foreclosure charges in case it's during your selected tenure along with the applicable taxes.
Orix will provide the necessary documentation needed for the transfer / removal of HP.
Volkswagen Power Lease gives you the flexibility to experiment with different cars. Once you complete the usage period, you can return the car and get a new one.
The complete offering is designed basis the new car which will be purchased as per your preferences & choice.
You can very well customize your car basis your preference, however delivery of the vehicle will be dependent on the availability of the chosen color.
The car will be registered in the name of customer / user.
Private registration with white plate.
The car will come fitted with all standard accessories that the manufacturer provides as default, for the specific model and variant chosen by you.
Yes, you can install your own accessories, but you will need to inform us beforehand and get an email confirmation from us. You will be installing these accessories at your own cost. While returning the car, if the accessory may be removed without materially altering the quality and performance of the car, you may remove it. Else, you will need to return the car with the accessory. Please note that any accessories that can render the manufacture warranty null and void (either partially or fully) are absolutely prohibited.
This is the most convenient way of getting a car, which does not require any down payment. The entire expense of buying, vehicle registration & insurance will be borne by Orix.
No, there is no security deposit.
Lease rental covers usage fees, along with the coverage for scheduled repair & services for the complete tenor. It also covers the cost towards the insurance of the vehicle.
The monthly billing happens in advance, the rental amount is due on the 1st of every month, you will be getting the invoice 10 days prior to the due date.
We will set up an automatic debit mechanism on your bank account, for the duration of the usage period. This automatic debit will happen only for as long as you are using the car. We will cancel the automatic debit once you return the car.
Your car will be covered by comprehensive insurance including zero depreciation, to take care of damage cases. On every case of damage, your liability would be limited to the difference between the costs incurred to repair the damage and the proceeds from insurance claim. In situations of irresponsible or unsafe or negligent usage, there could be discretionary exceptions to this policy, whereby you could be liable for all damages irrespective of if we are able to claim insurance or not. Examples of such situation include, but are not limited to:
- When the user is not in compliance with the laws and/or with terms of Volkswagen Power Lease’s User Agreement.
- When the user is found to be under the influence of alcohol/narcotics while driving.
- When the user is in violation of traffic rules or of the Motor Vehicles Act (for example, if the user has not paid the inter-state tax while crossing a state border).
- When the vehicle workshop and/or insurance company deem the damage to be consequential in nature (this will be clearly stated in the accident report). Consequential damage occurs when the user continues driving the car even when it is performing abnormally
- When the number of people in the car at the time of the incident exceed the standard seating capacity of the car.
- When there is misrepresentation of information in the driving license and ID proof details shared by the user.
- When there is clear evidence of extremely rash and negligent driving on the user’s part.
Full term insurance is covered under the programme.
Customer is liable to pay all required tolls, parking charges, PUC's & fines which are mandated by governing authorities.
Yes, of course! Please treat it as your own car. But please also remember that you will continue being liable for the car (and all associated incidents) even when someone else is driving it.
However, this does not permit commercial usage on the vehicle which may include, using it for cab service, renting it out etc.
You are free to drive anywhere in the country. However, we advise you to avoid bad terrains (especially in non-SUV cars) and areas affected by civil unrest.
You can use the car for all daily requirements. Abnormal usage (e.g., speed racing, towing/pushing/propelling, transportation of goods or people on commercial basis, transportation of large/heavy/hazardous items) is not allowed.
This depends on the terms of the contract. Currently we offer contracts for 10k, 12k & 15k kilometres per year.
Your car comes covered with the AMC package which covers your routine service. Orix will provide pickup and drop service for the service of your car. Anything which is not covered under the AMC package will be payable by customer.
The car is covered under a complete AMC package for the term of usage. Scheduled repairs as well as the unscheduled repairs listed under the Volkswagen AMC policy.
Your car comes covered with the AMC package. Expenses associated with any breakdown/wear and tear which is not covered under the AMC will have to be borne by the customer.
We’ve got you covered. With roadside assistance, you can seek help by dialing the RSA helpline no. The RSA team will arrange for assistance and also the pick-up of the vehicle if needed.
In such cases, please notify us immediately and we will guide you through the entire process. We will coordinate with the road-side assistance team and insurance team. Unless unavoidable, please do not leave the scene of the accident until support has arrived. You may be required to file/sign formality documents associated with the accident.
Insurance for complete term is covered in the package.
Yes, roadside assistance is included. It covers:
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Battery problems: flat battery
- Key problems: locked keys, lost keys, or broken keys
- Road traffic accident where the car is immobilised
After you return the car, it will be inspected to assess any wear and tear, considering its age and mileage. In case of ‘excessive wear and tear’ (that is, much beyond reasonable levels), refurbishing charges might be applicable. In case documents/ equipment/keys are missing, charges for repurchase of such items will be applicable.
Please note that normal usage of the car is unlikely to create excessive wear and tear. For example:
- Small scratches with a depth of up to 1 mm, and small dents (up to 20mm in diameter) are acceptable. But scratches that have penetrated to the base coat of paint with visible signs of corrosion or dents of above 20 mm diameter, will count as excessive wear and tear.
- Stone chipping on the surface of headlights (not breaking the glass and not harming the function) is acceptable. Whereas cracked/malfunctioning headlights will count as excessive wear and tear.
- Seats showing general usage and mild de-colouration/lines will be accepted, but cigarette burns, or torn upholstery will be considered as excessive wear and tear
In all cases, we will assess such charges in a fair and transparent manner.
Walk into your preferred dealership or drop a query with the Volkswagen call centre and we will assist you with the process of leasing a car.